Here is what we are doing in our playgroups...
The first way we share information is by posting our program plans (which use ELECT) in each learning centre CLICK HERE FOR AN EXAMPLE. The second is by posting the "Learning Stories" in the area in which the story was observed and the corresponding picture was taken CLICK HERE FOR AN EXAMPLE.
For parents who are interested in having more detailed information, we have prepared a parent/caregiver information binder. We have a binder (in English or in French) in each of our playgroup locations. The binder contains a simplified version of the framework:
- a cover page placed on the outside of the binder (to attract their attention!)
- a statement of principles (the principle itself without the detailed description)
- a page explaining what a domain of development is and listing the five domains used in ELECT
- the continuum of development (pulled directly from ELECT) and separated by age group
- a section to place past examples of program plans
- a reference page directing parents and caregivers to the Ministry of Children and Youth Services to access the entire framework
How do you communicate about ELECT with your parents and/or caregivers?